Our 12m x 6m pool water is heated to 32-33.5 degrees.
Access to our pool is by means of a shallow stepped entrance together with a pool chair hoist and ceiling hoist available on site, making our pool accessible to everybody irrespective of one’s level of physical and functional mobility.
Fully accessible changing village, individual changing cubicles and shower areas/toilet areas.
The activities we have on offer in the pool are:
- Public swim slots (adults only)
- Children’s swim lessons
- Hydro4health (low intensity aqua instructor led class)
- Hydro HIIT (high intensity aqua class- instructor led session)
- Autism Friendly session (sensory friendly environment for children with autism & their families- not instructor led)
- Private group rental bookings
No matter what your fitness goals Hydrotherapy can benefit you!
- Weight Loss
- Keeping your joints moving or just having some fun
- All swims both Public and Family need to be booked in advance due to limits on numbers allowed in the pool due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Walk in’s for any of our swims are not guaranteed a place. To book please use our MindBody app for Public swims and ring 066 71 44200 to book Family swim
- Public Swims are for anyone over 13 years of age only
- Family Swims are for parents/gradians and children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in our Family swims
- Swim hats are mandatory for use of the pool
- All sessions are 45min in duration
- Only card payments are accepted in the Sports Academy. No cash is not accepted
What is hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy, is the use of exercise as a therapy within a specially designed heated pool to target which can help treat a wide spectrum of conditions. These include general joint pain, low back pain, orthopaedic conditions, neurological conditions including Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, pain related to arthritis, osteoarthritis, sports injuries such as frozen shoulder, ankle sprains and groin strains, fibromyalgia, treatment post elective orthopaedic surgeries such as hip and knee replacements and many more. The use of gentle, controlled movements within the warm water heated gives the opportunity to steadily progress in one’s treatment regime within a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment.
General Benefits of using a Hydrotherapy pool
The warmth of the water allows your muscles to relax and eases the pain in your joints, helping you to exercise.
The water supports your weight providing minimal impact on joints, the water can be used to provide resistance to moving your joints.
Water gives a feeling of weightlessness whilst exercising in the pool. This enables the person in the pool to carry out exercises which are usually very difficult to carry out on land given that the body feels much lighter in water. This is also extremely useful when normal walking or weight-bearing is restricted or painful especially following various forms of orthopaedic procedures or acute injuries.
Contact 0667144200 for more information on private bookings.
Please note: there is a 24 hours cancellation notice period to receive a credit for another swim.